The SHARE Cooperative
The SHARE Cooperative (DBA) Harvest Market is a cooperative, owned and democratically controlled by its members.
By joining the cooperative, you show you promote the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity, and solidarity.
Benefits of a Member-Owner:
- Provides access to a full-service grocery store featuring locally grown and locally sourced fresh food at a reasonable price.
- Enjoy discounts with monthly member-owner specials.
- A patronage distributed to Member-Owners based upon the store’s subsequent profitability.
- An opportunity to connect with like-minded people and be a part of something special in your community.
As a Member-Owner, you help guide the cooperative’s future:
- All members have equal voting rights.
- Participate in election of the Board of Directors.
- The right to run for a place on the Board of Directors.
- Participate in cooperative decisions through annual meetings.
What kind of Member-Owner would you like to be?
We offer three types of membership
Exclusive to Senior citizens [65+], College/University Students, and SNAP Recipients
* A Payment Option may be available
** Anyone who has special needs as determined by the Board of Directors may be eligible
Ten (10) member cards available for this membership
* Only one member-owner vote per corporate membership
The SHARE Cooperative (DBA) The Harvest Market is a community project which promotes Member-Owner equity. Your one-time investment provides our Member-Owner equity.
Support the Harvest Market
As a member and supporter of the HARVEST MARKET, we are asking you to make one of the following MARKET COMMITMENTS:
- Spend $25 per week or $50 every other week in the market (starting THIS week).
- Volunteer 4 hours per month to help offset store staffing costs – We will provide your name and contact information to store staff who will contact you for your date/time availability.
- Give the gift of membership by making a $100 donation in the name of someone you would like to sponsor.
- Make a donation of any amount to go towards general operating costs.
Donations can be made by stopping by the store in person, visiting the SHARE website (www.Share-ws.coop) or by sending a check made payable to SHARE, to the following address: 603 Peters Creek Pkwy, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Which of these commitments can we put you down for?